Planning a luxury wedding, corporate gala, or any high-end social gathering can feel very overwhelming for many. Although Harper Sloane Productions can assist in all planning and organizing details with you, the job of the host or hostess is not over after the details are set in place. Hosting the event can be a whole other added pressure. You want to make sure everything looks beautiful, tastes spectacular and that your guests are enjoying themselves throughout the entire event.
Here are some tips to make you the ultimate host or hostess at your next social gathering.
- To make sure your guests are enjoying themselves try to create a seating chart that groups friends at the same table so that they can enjoy each other’s company and navigate through the evening together.
- Get the party started by walking around the room and greeting each of your guests. Offer them a cold beverage, point them to the bar, or help them find their seats. It also great to have a few servers walk around at the beginning of an event with a few past hors d’ oeuvres and chilled glasses of wine and water while waiting for the party to arrive. An opening cocktail reception allows you and your guests to mingle before the formal festivities begin.
- Know your guests. If there are particular things that your guests like, try to make these options available to them. We know you can’t please everyone, but having a wide selection of food, drinks, and music will allow you to make a majority of your guests happy.
- Speeches are important, but too many can put a damper on the fun and too little can leave people wanting more. Creating a manageable timeline for any event is your key to success. Speeches, presentations, awards etc. should be spread out between the appetizers and main course when the majority of your party is seated and able to pay attention. Dance music should begin after the main course to get your guests dancing as the room is being cleared and prepped for dessert.
- If expecting out of town guests, it is always nice to offer a welcome basket in their room to make them feel special. Sometimes a beautiful candle, a bottle of wine, flowers, a guidebook to local attractions or any specific items pertaining to your event will leave your guests feeling loved and appreciated, especially if their journey was a long one.
- Most importantly, genuinely have a good time no matter what. Anything can happen at an event, but if you know you did your best to plan ahead, then on the actual day of your celebration the best thing you can do is let go and have fun. Your guests will look to you to be their guide and if they see you having fun, they will have fun too, after all the whole point of a gathering is to spend quality time enjoying the company around you.
We know that it is easy to get so wrapped up in the process of throwing a party that you can forget to be part of the party, so leave the planning details to Harper Sloane Productions and enjoy a fun, stress free night out with family and good friends.